Gaurav Gupta was promoted to the rank of co-founder in March, 2019. He was instrumental in negotiating the company’s initial public offering.
Zomato co-founder Gaurav Gupta has decided to quit the company just two months after the company posted a historic initial public offering (IPO). Gupta, Head of Supply at Zomato, has been instrumental in driving the company’s sales growth in a highly competitive market.
He was also a key executive for the food delivery company’s hit IPO in July, 2021, in which it received 38 times more bids than the shares on offer. Her departure comes a few days after the company said it would be shutting down its in-house grocery delivery service soon after it was reported that there was a lag in order fulfillment due to poor customer service.
Zomato has decided to wind up its grocery delivery pilot and its nutrition business along with several international subsidiaries. Zomato entered the online grocery delivery segment in April, 2020 during the outbreak of the first wave of COVID-19.
About Gaurav Gupta
• Gaurav Gupta was promoted to the rank of co-founder in March 2019.
• He was instrumental in building Zomato’s premium membership subscription and driving sales in a competitive market.
• He initially joined Zomato in the year 2015 as the Business Head for Table Reservation. He was later promoted to the rank of Chief Operating Officer in the year 2018.
• He was eventually promoted to the rank of co-founder in the year, 2019 to focus on launching the company’s nutrition business. The vertical was officially closed last week.
• Overall, during his six years at Zomato, he held various responsibilities, serving as the Chief Operating Officer for almost three years.
• He has also been an important part of the team that launched Zomato Pro and has always focused on ways to improve the merchant experience on the platform.
• He was also instrumental in the negotiations leading to the company’s initial public offering.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
Take weekly tests on the app and compete with others to prepare for the exam. Download Current Affairs App