Why is skincare Important?
Good skin care is essential at any age and healthy habits in your 20s and 30s can strengthen and prepare your skin for the effects of aging down the road. The goal of glowing skin is to increase your skin complexion. If you want a clear skin with fair tone then you have to follow these regimen to get a glowing skin. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to solve all of your skin problems with just one cream and nearly impossible to develop and manufacture a cream to suit every possible combination of skin problems.
What if you’re struggling with acne and aging? What if you want to fade dark marks while hydrating very dry skin? Is there a single product that solves all skin problems? Answer is NO. Some active ingredients need to be within a specific pH range to work. Others simply don’t play well with each other.
This is where the Asian skincare routine comes in. Those toners and essences and serums you keep hearing about? They act as a vehicle of delivery for different active ingredients to target different issues or to reinforce the treatment of issues. You might have a toner or essence that brightens, with a serum that targets aging, and an emulsion and cream that address redness. The possibilities are endless. That’s what makes Asian skincare so effective for so many of us.
A daily skin care routine has four basic steps you can do once in the morning and once before you sleep. So keeping it simple usually helps people stay on track with regular use of their products:
- Cleanser/Double cleansing
- Sheet masks
1. Double Cleansing:
A very first step of your daily routine is to cleanse your face, that means the dirt that lies on your skin and also there will be dirt that sticks on to your skin and makes your skin feel drawn. So, what we have to do is use a face wash that suits to your skin and makes your skin feel fresh and soft .It is very important to use face wash before any application of beauty products on to your skin.
This method is practiced in many different countries, but recently it is getting popular by day-by-day how thoroughly and gently our skin is cleansed down to pores, by dissolving all oil-based impurities on skin. This method revitalize dull looking skin and allows other skin care products to penetrate more effectively into the skin. Oil based cleansers are exemplary for breaking down those oil-based impurities found in your makeup. The water-based cleansers with low pH leaves the skin hydrated and refreshed.
Some of the best oil and water based cleanser are listed below:
- Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil
- Neutrogena Ultra-Light Cleansing Oil
- The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil
- Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Oil.
- Kaya Skin Clinic Soothing Cleansing Gel
Exfoliation is the process of removing dead cells from the outermost surface of your skin either by physical or chemical methods. In the olden days, exfoliating your face was about as delicate a process and the new generation of products lets you achieve clear, smooth skin. If you have acne-prone skin, exfoliation can help clear out clogged pores that often lead to breakouts. Choosing the right kind of exfoliator for your skin according to your skin type. Never forget that exfoliating your face should only be done about one to three times a week.
Recommended best exfoilators in India:
- THE ORDINARY Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution.
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Scrub.
- Mama Earth Ubtan Face Scrub
- mCaffeine Naked & Raw Coffee Face Scrub
- Plum Chamomile & White Tea for brightening up
Toners are usually formulated to minimize the appearance of pores and to naturally remove oil and dirt. Nowadays toners are more intricated. Many of them are alcohol-free, non-drying and also balances the skin’s pH levels so that skin is purified. Every toner is formulated with different ingredients and may contain moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, or exfoliating aspects. Toner is used right after cleansing day or night, or both. It’s best to use it when skin is still a little damp so it absorbs better.
The key aspect in choosing the right one for your skin type depends upon the ingredients listed on the label. It’s better to choose an alcohol free, sulphate and fragrance free.
Some of the list of best facial Toners:
- Pixie Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner
- Wow Lavender & Facial Mist
- Mama Earth Vitamin C Face Toner
- Forest Essentials Rose Water
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
4. Sheet Masks:
Sheet masks are an effective way to provide an instant glow to your skin. They’re also a fun way to relax and pamper yourself at any-time/anywhere. While sheet masking may have originated in Japan, but due to the immense increase of Korean skin care routine it became more popular. Many of the largest sheet mask brands are Korean beauty companies, who have capitalized upon this regimen for years.
If you’re getting ready to use a sheet mask, you should always cleanse your face first. These days, you can find different types of sheet masks including a number of unique ingredients. When you put your sheet mask on, start at your forehead and slowly work your way down your face. Then lay the mask on your face, over your mouth, and down to your chin.
Some of the Best Sheet Masks To Buy If You Want Glowing Skin:
- Forest Essentials’ Tejasvi Brightening & Lightening Sheet Mask
- Innisfree It’s Real Squeeze Mask-Lime
- Dermask Vital Hydra Solution Deep Hydration Sheet Mask
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Hydrogel Mask
- Korea Collagen Essence Full Face Facial Mask Sheet
- Plan 36.5 Plant Cell Daily Mask Pearl
Serum is a skincare product you can apply to your skin after cleansing but before moisturizing. Antioxidant serums protects your skin from the free radicals when you’re exposed to sun on a daily basis. They also helps in the appearance of fine lines and other visible signs of aging, and can heal and repair your skin.
As you mature, your skin can gradually lose moisture and volume, especially in delicate areas like your cheekbones and under the eyes. To restore its volume and moisture retention in these areas, reach for a targeting serum is best suited. Get it with ingredients that are suitable for your skin type before choosing that serum.
Some of best rated serums are listed below:
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic Serum
- L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Derm Intensives Vitamin C Face Serum
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum
- AmorePacific Youth Revolution Radiance Concentrator
- L’Oréal Paris Derm Intensives Hyaluronic Acid Serum
6. Eye Cream:
The first signs of ageing often become visible around the eyes. The skin around the eyes is more fragile and more prone to dryness and quicker to show age and fatigue. The constant movement of the eyes also hasten the appearance of lines and wrinkles under the eyes which cause puffiness and dark circles. It’s wise to add an eye cream into your skin-care routine.
Some of best rated eye creams are listed below:
- Forest Essentials Intensive Eye Cream
- St. Botanica Pure Radiance Under Eye Cream
- Plum Bright Years Under-eye Recovery Gel
- Blossom Kochhar Aroma Magic Under Eye Cream
- Khadi Natural Under Eye Gel
Moisture plays a vital role in keeping your skin healthy and protecting it from irritation and extra breakout. Moisture reduces the chance of developing severe dryness or oil. Moisturizer balances your skin tone and prevents pimples and breakouts.
The most sensitive areas of your skin – the face, ears, neck, and chest – replace themselves more often than any other area on your skin. This daily loss of skin cells leaves these areas vulnerable to the dryness and the elements – in fact, they are highest-risk areas for skin cancer.
Some of best rated Moisture creams are listed below:
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream
- Skin Expert Revitalift Bright Reveal Brightening Day Moisturizer SPF 30
- GH Seal star No7’s waterlight gel-cream
- Olay Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream Moisturizer
- Avène Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream
The number one reason you should prioritize wearing sunscreen is that it helps to protect you from developing skin cancer. Sunscreen prevents premature aging, reduces the risk of hyperpigmentation and also prevents inflammation of the skin. Remember, sunscreen should be applied every two hours, every day, regardless of whether you’ll be spending most of your time inside or out.
A chemical sunscreen should be applied before the moisturizer since it needs to get absorbed into the skin. Experts recommends choosing SPF 30 or higher broad spectrum in order to protect your skin against both harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Some of best rated sunscreen creams are listed below:
- Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 100+
- Cerave Hydrating Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Melt-In Sunscreen Milk SPF 60
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protector Lotion SPF 50+
- Supergoop Glowscreen SPF 40