Are you interested in writing for the Sareideas blog? Well, you’re in the right place.
We welcome all folks involved in technology, Fashion, Health, Business, or the nonprofit sector to submit post ideas our way. We ask that you use the form below to submit your ideas instead of sending us full articles. That way we can determine if the post is a good fit before you spend a lot of time writing it.
Benefits to Guest Writers
We offer the following benefits to guest writers on our site:
- A bio at the end of each post with a picture (if you’d like)
- Promotion of your post to thousands of nonprofit marketers on our sareideas social media channels and through our email newsletter
- Followed links (though we don’t publish posts that are overly self-promotional)
Expectations of Guest Writers
We expect the following from guest writers:
- Posts should focus first and foremost on providing value to our readers
- Create original content aimed at how nonprofits can effectively leverage the web
- We don’t have a specific word count we shoot for, but topics should be covered comprehensively so readers leave feeling fulfilled
- If you’d like, you can repost an excerpt of your article on your personal blog, but we ask you not republish the whole post and that you link back to the original to avoid duplicate content issues
- Respond to comments on your posts quickly (and of course, be respectful)
If your primary goal is to build your authority in front of our audience, you may be a great fit. If your primary goal is to build links to your site, those posts tend to fall short of our editorial standards.
Some Things We Look For
Here are a few things we look for in blog posts and story pitches:
- Concreteness – The more specific a pitch is, the better. Many of our favorite posts use strong examples to illustrate each point.
- Clarity – We know you’re smart. But this isn’t a thesis. Your language should be clear and easily accessible.
- A New Take – We read a lot of online articles each day. We love coming across something fresh, or even a new take on a tired topic.
- Nonprofit Focus – Our blog is focused on providing value to nonprofits. We look for guest writers to tailor their content to our audience. If your pitch doesn’t have a nonprofit tech angle, we likely won’t respond. It’s nothing personal, but we get a lot of pitches and can only respond to the ones that are tailored to our readers.
Share Your Ideas below:
If you’re interested in doing some guest writing, please get in touch using this form. We’ll follow up with you as soon as we can.